Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm 35

Another birthday has come and 'almost' gone... So, this is what it looks and feels like to be 35?

I thought of my friends' tradition all day long... Life is too short and each day is a blessing, each laugh is a gem in the treasurebox of memories, each year is a milestone of God's faithfulness & a sign that our work on this earth is not quite done.

Too many near-misses, too many near-deaths, too many last breaths have crossed my path in these 2 short months of 2013.

Every birthday should be celebrated in the form of a National Holiday... No work/school, favorite foods, favorite people, extra treats...

Though this day we had a whole lot of work & school... All of the above was top notch!

Today is the last birthday I work!
:D

The pic is the name tag I picked up every morning at 11am & dropped off every evening at 7pm at Westchester Medical Center for 11 days while my mom laid in Neuro ICU... She was there for much longer, but...... God brought her through! One of those 'near-misses' hit pretty close to home.

1 comment:

Asia Lew said...

I love it! Happy Birthday and keep writing!