Friday, January 16, 2015

People.

As I travel on this journey... God speaks clearly & precisely... leading me in His path. Although most of the time, I may not understand today's challenges, I've been on the journey long enough to recognize there's a lesson in it & the Lord is speaking to me... to make me better & help me grow & mature.

When I think of all the plans I had in my head... the 'perfect' way things should turn out... I stand in awe of God & how His ways are truly greater and more complete than mine. Sure, I can look at the new-ness through a bitter-sweet window, but the sweet far outweighs the bitter on so many levels.

Just one of the many valuable lessons learned on this journey...

People.
People are this earth's most valuable natural resource!
Just people. People. Breathing, walking, happy, angry, smiling, sinful, loving, mean, forgiven, laughing, crying, young, talking, old, rude, polite, living people. Yes, people. All people. I must mean Christian people............right? Nope, just people.

'Why?' you ask? Because God loved people enough to send His son to die for people. He didn't only die for the nice, sweet, young, polite one who bags our groceries at Stop & Shop... but He especially died for the baggy pants-wearing young man; & underwear-showing, tight pants-wearing, cleavage-showing lady.

Let me take you to the Word... Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV) reads as follows:
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Here it is... If Jesus was able to sum up all of the 10 commandments into 2... Love God & love people... I'd say people are pretty important to God too.

People. Selah
Just love people. God will do the rest. He will bring the increase........... He's God.
Just love......... people.


No comments: