What an incredible story... life, pain, courage, hope, strength & weakness... what this precious mom calls 'brutiful" ... a mix brutal & beautiful put together to express this journey with her brave son as he battles with cancer. Her post was written in late December...
AND just like that life changes... just changes! Well, the longer I live, I become aware that 'just like that' is how everything happens... BIRTHDAYS, SPILLS, SUMMER VACATIONS, GROWTH SPURTS, A BLOODY KNEE, A FIT OF LAUGHTER... GOOD & BAD... LIFE, it happens 'just like that!'
Prayer for this mom, dad, & sister as they live each day with the hope & pain of not knowing what their next moment will hold... a smile from their angel or..... NOT!
As I write this post tears are falling from my face as I think of God's amazing grace, peace & strength during difficult times. Although my children are healthy & strong & driving me crazy some evenings.... I know & recognize all too well when a 'just like that' moment can change your 'normal.'
This January marks 2 years of my mom's helicopter ride to Westchester Medical Center created a new appreciation for enjoying the moments of peace, joy, & solace. I'm grateful that today my mom is well & living a normal life... astonishing the doctors who look at her chart & the people who hear about her experience. But it doesn't change the fact there is still a little hole on the right side of her head where they drilled to give her brain a way to release pressure.
It gave me a new sense of living for today & being thankful for the moments given with loved ones & people who mean so much. Tomorrow is the Wake & viewing & Saturday, the funeral of a wonderful man, Alan Stein. "Just like that' on Sunday, his assignment on this earth finished. This man whose love for the Word & for God's people was apparent in counseling sessions where he would become giddy at the new-found truths he'd discovered in his latest study... AMAZING... 4 months of AMAZING counsel at this man's desk my husband & I were fortunate to experience! This weekend will be a crazy realization that he ran his race & his heavenly 'To Do List' is complete...
Please read this post about a little boy named Rusty...
Then here's her most recent post... Continuing to pray for Rusty & his family.
No comments:
Post a Comment